Notice and Consent
With the enforcement of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“The Act”) since 15 November 2013 and strictly in accordance with Section 7 of the Act, we at ISUZU MALAYSIA SDN BHD 200401026438 (664946-H), our subsidiaries and related corporations, (hereinafter referred to as “IMSB”) and also our dealers (collectively referred to as “we” or “us” or “our”), wish to assure you that we take your privacy seriously and are committed to the protection of our customer’s personal information.
This written notice (“Notice”) serves to inform you of your rights in respect of your personal data that is being processed or that is being collected and further processed by us or on our behalf.
In line with our compliance with The Act and our said commitment, we wish to inform that your personal data (including sensitive personal data and any additional information you may subsequently provide to Isuzu Malaysia or to Isuzu Malaysia’s dealers) such as your name, salutation, photograph(s), NRIC or passport number, gender, race, religion, ethnic, nationality, date of birth, age, address(es), contact details, credit card(s)’ details, marital status, details of your immediate family, details of your employment and income, loan details, property(ies) details, introducer’s details, lifestyle data and other relevant data gathered from you or from the documents as prescribed in the paragraph below, may be used for the purposes of:
- assessing and/or processing any application submitted by you;
- facilitating your purchase and the preparation of a sale;
- to manage and service our relationship with you and provide you with better customer service;
- conducting market surveys, research on planning, trend analysis product, goods and services;
- sending updates, pamphlets, advertising and promotional materials, commercial material;
- responding to your inquiries;
- providing you with information on our products and services;
- reporting to any relevant authorities;
- response to any claims or legal process;
- preparation and submission of any claims and payments to any party or for any audit /checks by any party for whatever purpose related to Isuzu Malaysia‘s business;
- enabling us to respond to your request for a test drive session; and
- such other purposes directly related to the foregoing.
(collectively, the “Purposes”).
Your personal data is and will be collected from you and/or from Isuzu Malaysia’s dealers and/or from the information you have provided in the documentation that you have provided to us, all application, registration or request forms (whether electronic or otherwise) that you have completed, together with any other information that we may obtain about you from oral or written communications.
We may keep your information and data for a reasonable period to enable us to fulfil the Purposes.
We may also disclose or share your aforesaid personal information and data, which were gathered from the various sources mentioned above, to our business partners and associates as follows:
- any entities within the Isuzu Malaysia Group of companies;
- any third parties including but not limited to Isuzu Malaysia’s contractors, dealers, distributors, suppliers, consultants, solicitors, agents, auditors, employers, partners, joint venture partners, advertisers, purchasers, network operators, property management companies, service and product providers (including those who assist us in providing Isuzu Malaysia’s website), associate companies, any relevant authorities (government/non-governmental), embassies, statutory bodies, regulatory bodies and financial institutions;
- any other persons under a duty of a confidentiality to Isuzu Malaysia;
- organisations who provide archival, auditing, professional advisory, debt collection, insurance, marketing, banking, advertising, mailhouse, delivery, recruitment, call center, technology, research, utility, loyalty programme and security services.
Save for the foregoing (which you hereby give your consent), your personal information and data will not be knowingly transferred to any place outside Malaysia or be knowingly disclosed to any other third party.
For the Purposes, we or our business partners and associates may contact you by mail, e-mail, telephone, SMS, fax or any form of electronic communication to keep you informed on services or products which may be of interest to you.
You also consent to our transferring your personal information and data to such countries in the world where Isuzu Malaysia has dealings with which do not provide the same level of data protection as Malaysia, if necessary for the above purposes. If we do make such a transfer, we will put a contract in place to ensure your personal information and data are protected.
You have the right to ask for a copy of your personal information and data (for which we may charge you a prescribed fee), to limit the processing of your personal information and data, and to ask for correction of your personal information and data. We endeavor to take reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information and data that we collect and/or process are accurately reflected in our systems in accordance with the details provided by you. Therefore, the accuracy of the personal information and data depends to a large extent upon the information you provide to us. Kindly inform us immediately if your personal data provided to us is incorrect, inaccurate or out of date.
For this purpose, you may contact us as follows:
Marketing & PR Department
Isuzu Malaysia Sdn Bhd,
501D, Level 5, Tower D, Uptown 5,
No. 5, Jalan SS21/39,
47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.
Your personal data as requested by us is necessary for us to perform any of the Purposes. If you fail to supply us the personal data as requested, we may be unable to process your personal data for any of the Purposes.
If you give us information about another person, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal information and data (including any sensitive personal information and data);
- give consent to the transfer of his/her personal information and data abroad;
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices.
If you do not consent to us processing your personal data in the manner aforesaid, please let us know by contacting us at the address or e-mail stated above.
Isuzu Malaysia reserves the right to amend or vary this Notice from time to time which will be updated automatically on Isuzu Malaysia’s websites. You are advised to visit the said websites from time to time.